Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting Crafry

I decided that I needed something more than taking care of the kids and cleaning house to keep me going.  So I decided to make some items for my kids, niece and friends babies.  After that, I thought, why not try and sell them.  So I posted a few things on Etsy.com today and thought I would start a blog as well.  Here you can follow me and my homemade baby items.  I am starting with Mini Taggy Blankets and Pacifier Clips.  I plan on expanding to blankets, bibs, burp clothes and possibly dresses if I get inspired.

How am I qualified?  I started sewing really young.  My grandmother sewed and every time I was with her, I wanted to use her sewing machine.  I remember the day she got a really cool, high tech (at that time) machine that would make little roses and things in the stitching.  I couldn't wait to try it out.  When I started middle school, I knew right away that I wanted to take Home Ec.  I loved it and with my grandmothers guidance, I made several things, from a doll to a skirt and blouse.  When I was real young, I loved making clothes for my dolls. My grandmother was an awesome seamstress and I can only hope to be as good as her someday.

My first items. These can be made from any material in any color and/or theme.

Universal Pacifier Clip $6 (+ s/h)



Mini Taggy Blanket $8 (+ s/h)

No comments:

Post a Comment